Summer salad with bulgur
To prepare you need only a few ingredients, and the meal itself will be ready in less than half an hour. You can eat hot or cold.
– Half a glass of bulgur
– Half a glass of quinoa (I used three colors)
– Fresh cucumber of medium size
– One peppers
– A handful of parsley (you can also add chives)
– Lime or lemon quarter
– Spices: a pinch of salt, pepper, smoked paprika powder, dried tomatoes powder, fresh or powdered garlic, fresh or powdered basil.
Preparation of the salad with bulgur and quinoa is trivial:
– Boil the groats until soft (about 15 minutes). I always double the amount of water, ie half a glass of groats I use one glass of water. Groats can be cooked separately, but by pure laziness I often mix them together and everything turns out well.
– Cut fesh cucumber and paprika into small pieces. Mix with the drained groats, season to taste, ad a handful of fresh parsley.
– The best tastes cold with freshly squeezed lime